We, the staff of San Miguel del Bala Lodge, a community owned and operated tour company, are proud to adopt and promote the following responsible tourism policies in an effort to operate and grow our lodge in a way that protects the natural and cultural resources of Madidi National Park…
- By employing 100% local people in sustainable tourism, reducing their dependency on hunting, over fishing, and other extractive activities.
- By developing locally managed projects that address conservation threats in Madidi National Park and surrounding areas.
- By dedicating a portion of our gross annual sales to support local conservation projects.
- By training our nature guides to help monitor & enforce park regulations.
- By using all-natural, local building materials for rest stops and dining areas.
- By keeping tour groups to 12 people or less, reducing potential environmental impacts and wildlife harassment.
- By managing our water/solid waste in an environmentally responsible manner.
- By working to establish ecotourism “special use” zones inside Madidi National Park that help to protect critical wildlife habitat.
- By increasing the international awareness of the biological importance of the Madidi National Park with our clients.
- By supporting Local Travel through our partnership with the Local Travel Movement.