Responsible Travel Tips
We are proud to be a sustainable tourism provider. As such, we encourage guests to abide by some simple guidelines:
- Please do not litter.
- Never attempt to feed wildlife
- Do not pick plants or take any natural items, especially in protected parks and reserves. Leave only footsteps, take only photographs.
- Avoid being loud so wildlife is not disturbed and so others can enjoy the natural setting.
- Stay on marked hiking trails to avoid damage or erosion.
- Although our staff and the local community members would likely be pleased to allow you to photograph them, as a courtesy, ask permission first.
- Although you may barter some with souvenir vendors, please be respectful and remember that they are trying to make a living.
- Purchase locally made goods when possible rather than imported items.
- Attempt to learn a few simple phrases in Spanish to communicate with local residents that you encounter.
- Be mindful of any additional advice your tour guide gives you about environmental or cultural guidelines to follow.